The Use of Binaural Beats
Binaural beats have been used since the mid-1800s to help stimulate relaxation and meditation. Since the beginning of this auditory process, new developments and improvements have been made. There are many benefits to be found when using binaural beats in your practice.
Explaining this Activity
Binaural beats are tones created by two separate frequencies perceived by the ear when those frequencies are heard together. Some listen to binaural beats using loud speakers but many prefer to use headphones. When two sounds of similar frequencies are played through headphones, each ear being presented with a different frequency, the brain assimilates a new sound: the binaural beat.
This meditation technique can bring many benefits for your mind and body. This can help you in many ways and here we are giving you a short summary of
- Stimulation of the Brain – you can experience an increase in memory, creativity, focus, and memory retention.
- Reduced Stress – the body is able to enter a more peaceful state of relaxation and stress can be let go and drastically reduced.
- Increased Body Wellness – binaural beats help bring positive emotions that can benefit your wellbeing for the better.
- Deeper Relaxation and Meditation – when you feel deeply relaxed through the use of this auditory process you can increase your mentality, focus, and peace of mind and body.
- Self-Confidence –released endorphins and serotonin bring feelings of happiness, love, and hope.
- Better Sleep – certain frequencies are set to help induce sleep and help relax an active mind.
Each person will experience their own unique benefits from listening to binaural beats. There are many varieties of music selections that incorporate binaural beats and the frequencies can be used differently to get different benefits for whoever uses it.